Friday, January 30, 2009

Welcome to Garbage Island

Some time ago Vice ran a two page spread about the Great Pacific Garbage Patch that is located within the North Pacific Gyre, the article basically explained that there is a formation of trash floating in the ocean that is twice the size of Texas. I've been fascinated by this ever since, as well as any other signs that the world is going to end by the hands of humanity, I digress, here are a couple videos with more information, definitely  worth the watch.



Here's an interview with the dude that discovered the garbage patch:


With the amount of bottom feeders that I've consumed in the past 2 years I'm pretty sure my body is at least 95% plastic by now, thanks humanity. 

You can watch a 12 part series about the garbage here: Garbage Island


No comments:

Post a Comment